Many of zencontrol’s smart devices can perform a bridging function that allows wireless and wired networks to work together. This functionality allows a user to add Standard DALI-2 lighting products into a wireless network providing more flexibility and choice.
As DALI-2 has specific packet timings, the following needs to be understood when creating a hybrid solution:
- when using one ECD the wireless and wired lines can be bridged
- DALI ECD commands cannot be routed from a wired line through a bridge to a wireless network
- DALI ECD command can be routed through a wireless network onto a wired bus
- many wired DALI lines can exist below a wireless network
- many ECD can be on a single DALI wired network if wireless connectivity is not used
- devices which have both wireless interface and a DALI interface can act as a bridge.